Core Functions / Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-office in Mawlamyine, Mon State, the incumbent will be responsible for the effective and client friendly planning and management of the GFATM-funded Malaria project in Mon State, assisting to coordinate with local authorities and other implementing partners, assisting with data and staff management, ensuring Malaria project visibility, and facilitating reporting.
* To assist Head of Sub-office advocacy to state level and township level for malaria project implementation and support in the planning and review processes.
* To lead in implementation of proposed malaria programmatic interventions in targeted townships and target communities.
* To supervise and monitor the existing malaria diagnosis activities in coordinating with IOM Laboratory technician and project staffs.
* To supervise and monitor the Rapid Diagnostic Test (RDT) points operated by ICMV and outreach health workers by using RDTs and treatment of uncomplicated malaria according to the National Malaria Treatment Guidelines.
* To conduct in planning, carrying out and evaluating the trainings for field project staffs, and ICMV/volunteers.
* To supervise management of medical stock, the monitoring of monthly drug consumption, and preparation of orders in collaboration with Mon logistics and health colleagues in Yangon.
* Maintain good professional relationships with other stake holders or implementing partners where IOM operates.
* Perform other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience Education
* University degree in medicine or public health is essential; post graduate degree in public health or related field is desirable Experience
* Myanmar national.
* Five-years working experience in health-related projects
* Desirable in at least two-year experience in malaria project implementation and administration Skill Experience working with international organizations, international humanitarian organizations, non-government organization is an advantage Excellent communication and negotiation skills; ability in developing liaison with governmental authorities and partner agencies is an advantage Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills is an advantage Languages
* Fluency in English and Myanmar (oral and written)
How To Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit an application letter together with complete duly filled and signed Personal History Form (PHF) (copies of certificates and further documents are not required at this stage) to below address;
International Organization for Migration (IOM) Mission in Myanmar – Yangon Office No.50-B, Thiri Mingalar, 2nd street, Ward 8, Kamayut Township, Yangon, Myanmar
International Organization for Migration (Mawlamyine Sub office) Attention: Admin /Finance Assistant No.65, Upper Main Road Mayangone Township, Mawlamyine, Mon State Phone: 09 731 40217, 09 731 40218, 057 22717