Together with the PM, HoP, Advisors, Sector Lead and other child protection team members, implement the Child Protection component for the targeted communities/beneficiaries with quality.
* The Project Coordinator in ensuring that project inputs are provided in a timely manner; procure/arrange for project supplies and materials as needed
* Assist the Head of Field Office/ Project Coordinator in coordinating with local authorities and partners in the targeted community.
* Organize, administer and facilitate capacity building activities in geographic areas of assignment
* Assist Project Manager in preparing work plan and budget estimation.
* Assist in developing training manuals and IEC materials
* Ensure child protection capacity of partner organizations is increased so that partner organizations can deliver results as agreed. Provide ongoing supervision and support.
* Ensure capacity of Community Social Workers and caseworkers is built and they provide appropriate services for girls and boys at risk
* Lead the process of organizing and updating the information of service provider mapping at township level and ensure service providers have the basic understanding of how to receive referrals safely and timely.
* Support referrals of child protection cases in target communities to DSW case manager where appropriate
* Provide coaching and mentoring for CSOs providing individual case management support at targeted implementation areas
* Coordinate with other key stakeholders in developing and implementing mobile-based child protection emotional support and referral services.
* Develop strategies and provide guidance for the partner organizations so that they can organize effective awareness raising sessions on child protection
* Conduct thematic/sector specific skills building sessions among community members and other stakeholders in area of assignment
* Provide evidences and inputs through Project Manager to Yangon team for advocacy effort at policy level meetings and other review meetings with DSW, ATTF, DOR, DOL etc
* Closely work with other sectors (e.g., Livelihood, Nutrition) on integration/mainstreaming
* Collect program data for operations research as needed.
* Ensure timely supply of inputs and funds to partner organizations, community groups in target areas.
* Coordinate with various service providers to ensure the fulfilment of needs of the beneficiary
* Ensure proper follow ups, and have face-to-face interactions with the partner staffs, beneficiary, and other parties involved
* Support partners and children in collecting program data for operations as needed
* Maintain regular communication with the Programme Manager
* Ensure project staff safety and security, and ensure all Save the Children policies and principles are upheld.
At least four years in implementing for development programming (Child Protection programmes is preferred).
* Working knowledge of English language.
* Demonstrated skills and experience in Child Protection
* University graduate
* Good knowledge of project management cycle.
* Ability to work well in a team and train other staffs and demonstrate experience efficiently managing a team.
* Very good communication and presentation skills
* Professional working experience with international organizations preferable
* Proven team working ability
* Strong interpersonal and community development skills
* Cooperate with partner organizations
* Very good personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
* Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send an Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae to below address.
Candidates are also requested to mention in the applications if there is, blood/marriage relationships with the existing Save the Children employees. No requirement of photo or copy of certificates and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.